Russian Plural Adjective-Noun Phrases in the Prepositional Case: Suicide Watch

On first glance, an e-snuffer. On second stumble, all life, everywhere, crushed. On third tuft-scratch, you just kinda break down, quickly croak a living will, and do it. Poorly.

The difference between the constructions Анна канадка (Anna is Canadian) and Анна живет в большом общежитии (Anna lives in a large dormitory) is relative to the sting of a sand gnat versus slow immersion in boiling sulphur. In Russian, adjectives must agree with the nouns they modify in gender, number, and case. Therefore, adjectives that modify nouns in the prepositional case must also be in the prepositional case... Fuckers!



If I get through tomorrow's oral drills with my ass still connected to my spine it'll be a wholly obliging goddamned day...

Пока,

TS

P.S. (26 Jan 06) - It wasn't so bad after all. I remembered the rules, aced most of the questions on the drill. (Why such alarm? Zog knows... Perhaps it was the hour, or the fact I'd left my glasses on the desk at HQ...) Passing out, must run, I'm a dork, etc.

Comments

Popular Posts