Sleeplessness...

I awoke at 6:20, tossed until 7 - an unmistakable portent. (New semester...) Music informed my dreams, as usual. I'd burned four data discs for Cyn before my departure; "cc0106d" comprised the Associates' Fourth Drawer Down, George Faith's To Be a Lover, Pier Bucci's Familia, the Soweto String Quartet's Zebra Crossing, Tristeza's Bromas EP, the Turin Breaks' Red Moon, the Kompakt Pop Ambient 2006 comp., and Vector Lovers' Capsule for One. Certain it was the SSQ alb that punctured my reverie. (Damn those agrarian sonorities!)

I dreamt a broad expanse of tundra traversed by powerlines, and I disliked the images so much I willed myself out of frame. I emerged in North Vietnam, circa 1969, much preferring its anti-aircraft implacements to the monotony of the Uzbek/Dakotan plain...



Eyes now bleary - must return to bed. My holiday ends today, and the glorious grind resumes on the 9th. A fuckload of work awaits. Tee-hee, tra-laa, etc.

TS

Comments

ommyth said…
Hello Andrew,

Thanks again for beta testing a certain alb... Mucho obligado.

I've got five classes this semester - we begin on Monday. The Ethics of Aesthetics, Cornel West (I'm TAing that one with my faculty advisor), Women and Philosophy, the PHI capstone class (for pending grads), and Russian 1002 (which took me over a year to fit into my sked). A weird mix, but I'm looking forward to all. Earliest start time is 11:00, but I'm stacked M-F. We all must sacrifice...

Best,

TS

Popular Posts