My Mourning Trumps Your Detournment...

Sunday, light stabbing through bedroom shutters. Fuck... Another paper to write. I pause to weep... Last night Cyn and I saw the Alvin Ailey Dance Theatre perform at the Fox in downtown ATL. I hadn't seen the company in a decade, CC in a lesser span o' yonks. Full house, lots of energy and exuberence from the crowd. Nothing shattering this time, but an entertaining three hours nonetheless. The piece inspired by the muzik of Earth, Wind and Fire was my fave. How can one deny the genius of "That's the Way of the World"? (I know some of you c*nts will try, but you'll be dead fucking wrong.)

(Ah yes - I've heard from a certain Bostonian that negotiations are underway for AADT to adapt Sutcliffe Jugend's "Whores Endoslung," but my notoriously timorous source may have just been mumbling...)

Coffee... Things coming into focus. Super Bowl's tonight, but I could give a shit. I'd rather take a stab at finishing that Wong Kar-Wai flick we always fall asleep to... Guess we shouldn't start watching DVDs at 3:00 AM.

You know your girlfriend's cool when she opens with Black Randy and the Metrosquad's Pass the Dust, I Think I'm Bowie, then counters with David S. Ware. No complaints 'bout nothin'.

Best,

TS

Comments

ommyth said…
Actually, Bruno, it's In the Mood for Love. What I've managed to view of it has been superb, so the presumption of fault must rest on our shoulders. (We always start too late.) Add the wine, the cozy domestic setting... It quickly becomes In the Mood for 40 Winks... Merde!!

Popular Posts