TS-Related Semi-Rarities, Part 1

(Pulled March 25. Sorry - we've exceeded our bandwidth. Thanks for downloading!)

Silver Apples - Decatur
(Whirlybird Records WR106 CD, 1998)



Following December 1996's Tora Tora Tora festival, I invited Simeon Coxe and his oscillators down to Atlanta to record an album with me at Microgroove Studios. Decatur was the result of our efforts.

We tracked for a week during the spring of '97, and Simeon and his two young charges (Michael Lerner and Xian Hawkins) seemed well pleased.

With the help of WRAS-FM's Yancy Yohannon, a co-headlining gig (with Harry Pussy) was organized. The Apples went down a storm. Big grins, free drinks, lotsa palaver, etc.

I spent a couple of months getting the mix where I wanted it, and then passed it on to Whirlybird.

We enjoyed a raucous listening party at the Orlando home of Obliterati's Nadeem Khan, and expectations were high...

Of course, Decatur was rather harshly panned at the time of its release, and fell quickly out of print.

Wanna give it a listen?

01 Decatur (42:10)

---

Composed and performed by Silver Apples: Simeon Coxe (oscillators and keyboards), Xian Hawkins (keyboards), and Michael Lerner (percussion).

Recorded, mixed, mastered and produced by Tom Smith.

File size: 98.2 MB / Ripped at 320 kbps

---

Share, please.

Regards,

TS

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey tetley, i'm on a mac and i can't get this song to play correctly. can you help me?
ommyth said…
Dear Sylvie Is a Bottom,

Download it first, then fire up iTunes (or QuickTime, or whatever it is you Mac victims must endure). You should experience only mild heartburn thereafter.

Kisses,

TS
Anonymous said…
Not exactly TLASILA stuff but I love Silver Apples. Thanks a bunch for all of these recent mp3s.
ommyth said…
Thanks for posting, Mike. Decatur fell through the cracks so quickly that only a handful of people were ever able to hear it. I'm happy to make it available again.

Best,

Tom
Anonymous said…
my attempts have failed though the d/l was successful.

snotty sends his hot viscous monkey lurve.

making plans for nigel, hopeful communiques...
Dat RoRo Kid said…
actually, your evil nemesis Carlos Giffoni has a copy and we used to play it on tour quite a bit.
ommyth said…
Hello RoRo,

Re Senor Giffoni - he's hardly my nemesis, and about as far from evil as one could be. A tad on the bland side aesthetically, but a decent enough chap whose heart seems to be in the right place. I just hated the flea market/collector scum/noise bore vibe of NFF 05, and I made my displeasure public...

Anyhow, I'm glad you've heard it, and I offer it now for those who never had the opportunity.

Good to see you posting again,

TS
Anonymous said…
so maybe I'm just incredibly obtuse here, but I don't see any links...???
Anonymous said…
you know, nevermind, I just read the post after this. Have you ever tried yousendit for this stuff? That would save you some bandwidth...
Anonymous said…
Haha, missed connection in transit...well, thanks for replying anyway...
ommyth said…
Hello Onkyo,

Perhaps you failed to notice the previous post which detailed how we've had to temporarily suspend the downloads... The exclusive world premiere (half-assed) mega-rarities were so successfully received (knock on wood paneling) that bandwidth spiked and, predictably, our ISP freaked. To avoid semi-severe financial penalties, we have to sit on the mp3s for another week or so... OK?

Thanks for posting,

ommyth
ommyth said…
Yeah, YouSendIt would be okay, I suppose, but their users have to jump through many annoying hoops, and I wanted things kept simple. I prefer to maintain the files in-house...

We're exploring a few other possibilities... We'll return with new downloads in another week (or so) regardless.

Many thanks for your interest and support!

Cheers,

Tom Smith

Popular Posts